FOCIS PRO Fiber Optic Connector Inspection System
The NOYES Family of FOCIS PRO automatic fiber inspection solutions provide network personnel with the capability to automatically document fiber connector cleanliness and integrity. FOCIS PRO combines a palm-sized DFD1 Touchscreen Tablet, a DFS1 Digital FiberScope and AFL SimpleView PRO analysis software to provide the inspection and analysis power of current laptop and probe solutions and the ergonomics, ease of use, ruggedness and ownership costs of basic "live only" viewers. FOCIS PRO solutions are future-proof because their optical resolution and detection specifications exceed current international standards and their sortware-based analysis applications can be upgrades as market requirements evolve.
The FOCIS PRO Touchscreen Tablet is a purpose-built Windows® computer equipped with AFL's powerful SimpleView PRO analysis software. Capable of centering a fiber image, identifying critical core, cladding, adhesive and contact zones and detection of and tallying the types fo defects found, this software analyzes a typical fiber in under 5 seconds. Its bright, crisp display provides detailed images and its Zoom/PPan feature allows users to identify the smallest particles, scratches and imperfections. Its portrait orientation makes it easy to hold and operated with just one hand. Unique to all FOCIS products is a patent-pending feature, which simplifies before/after, jumper/bulkhead, insput/output, near/far and other common fiber cleanliness comparisons. Additional features include image capture and store/recall. Up to 1000 fiber images may be stored in on-board memory and images may be transferred via any off-the-shelf USB memory stick or SD flash card. The DFD1 incorporates a proven shock-absorbing rubber boot that doubles as a tilt stand and hanger.
The FOCIS PRO Digital FiberScope is a high resolution video inspection probe. It is equipped with a focusing knob and image capture button. An extensive assortment of adapter tips allow it to be used with all types of fiber connector ferrules and bulkhead connectors. Bulkhead tips are available in multiple lengths as well as straight and 60° angle. Connector adapters are available in PL/UPC, APC polished ferrule in 1.25 mm, 2.5 mm and MPO connectors.
NOYES FOCIS PRO solutions are packaged in a protective hard carry case that keeps all vital analysis, inspection and cleaning accessories close at hand and ready to go to work.
- Automatic analysis of fiber end-face cleanliness and integrity
- Built-in IEC 61300-3-35, AT&T-TP-76461 and user-defined limits
- Superb handheld ergonomics
- 1.3 μm/pixel analysis resolution
- 0.5 μm visual detection capability
- 1.0 μm optical system resolution
- 400 μm x 350 μm field of view
- Paired fiber images for before/after, input/output, etc
- Integrated focus and snapshot controls
- Capture, save, review and share images
- Automatic analysis of PC/UPC and APC connectors
- Analyze - Clean - Analyze - Document workflows
- Document "as built" or "as found" condition of patch cords and connectors
- Manual Inspection of MPO Connectors