Noyes Optical Fibre Identifiers are rugged, handheld, and easy-to-use fibre optic test instruments designed to detect optical signals transmitted through a single-mode fibre without disrupting traffic. During installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration; it is often necessary to isolate a specific fibre. By simply clamping an Optical Fibre Identifier onto a gently bent fibre, the unit will indicate if there is [No Signal], [Tone], or [Traffic] and identify signal direction.
The OFI 400 model Identifier is equipped with a unique two-position head design that can be configured to work with 250 µm, 900 µm, ribbon, or jacketed fibre in seconds, without tools or adjustments. When testing coated fibres, the slim design of the OFI 400 model allows easier access on a splice tray where the amount of work space is limited. The clamping trigger is ergonomically designed to fit the natural motion of the operator’s hand. A high impact molded plastic case makes the OFI 400 model suitable for use outside plant or in the central office.
The OFI 400 model Identifier is the next generation of Noyes Optical Fibre Identifiers. It has all the features of the OFI 200 model plus easy-to-read LCD display with Backlight, multiple [TONE] signal detection (270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, or 2 kHz), power saving feature, and [Set Reference] feature. The OFI 400 model also measures and displays fibre core power or relative power on an LCD display.
The OFI 400 model Identifier is battery operated with the battery indication feature and performs thousands of tests before batteries replacement is necessary.
- Rugged, handheld, lightweight
- Accepts 250µm and 900µm coated fibre, 3mm jacketed fibre cable, and ribbon fibre
- No head swapping or adjustments
- Identifies light carrying fibre
- Low insertion loss - traffic remains uninterrupted
- Indicates direction of traffic
- Indicates Tone signal visually and audibly
- 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, and 2 kHz Tone detection
- Easy-to-read LCD display with Backlight
- Measures fibre core or relative power
- Power Off and Set Reference feature
- Battery operated
- Low battery indication
- Low cost, easy to use
- Live fibre identification - used during installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration to positively identify fibres prior to cutting and splicing
- Tone detection
- The OFI 400 models may also be used for measuring core power or relative power