Noyes Optical Fibre Identifiers are rugged, handheld, and easy-to-use fibre optic test instruments designed to detect optical signals transmitted through a single-mode fibre without disrupting traffic. During installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration; it is often necessary to isolate a specific fibre. By simply clamping an Optical Fibre Identifier onto a gently bent fibre, the unit will indicate if there is [No Signal], [Tone], or [Traffic] and identify signal direction.
The OFI 200 model Identifier is equipped with a unique two-position head design that can be configured to work with 250 µm, 900 µm, ribbon, or jacketed fibre in seconds, without tools or adjustments. When testing coated fibres, the slim design of the OFI 200 model allows easier access on a splice tray where the amount of work space is limited. The clamping trigger is ergonomically designed to fit the natural motion of the operator’s hand. A high impact moulded plastic case makes the OFI 200 model suitable for use outside plant or in the central office.
The OFI 200 model Identifier is battery operated with the battery indication feature and performs thousands of tests before batteries replacement is necessary
- Rugged, handheld, lightweight
- Accepts 250µm and 900µm coated fibre, 3mm jacketed fibre cable, and ribbon fibre
- No head swapping or adjustments
- Identifies light carrying fibre
- Low insertion loss - traffic remains uninterrupted
- Indicates direction of traffic
- Indicates Tone signal visually and audibly
- 2kHz Tone detection
- Battery operated
- Low battery indication
- Low cost, easy to use
- Live fibre identification - used during installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration to positively identify fibres prior to cutting and splicing
- Tone detection