M700 Compact OTDR with OPM for testing single-mode and multimode fibres
The M700 Series OTDRs deliver a complete platform for testing multimode and single-mode fibre networks. With an integrated optical power meter and visible fault locator the M700 series is the one piece of equipment for testing, troubleshooting and documenting Metro, Enterprise, Service Provider fibre networks. The new AFL Touch and Test™ is an intuitive visual user interface which simplifies the user experience, reduces training time and testing errors enabling even novice to get the job done quickly and accurately.
The M700 comes complete with TRM™ Certification Reporting Software for comprehensive reports compliant to TIA/ISO guidelines.
- 40 dB Dynamic Range
- 0.8 dB event dead zone, 4.5 dB attenuation dead zone
- Integrated Test functions OTDR, OPM and VFL
- Inspection capable
- Touch and Test™ user interface
- TRM™ reporting software
- >8 hours battery life
Test, Troubleshoot and Tier 2 certify:
- Full Auto OTDR - installation and fault location
- Expert OTDR - with Auto and Auto Once
- Real-Time OTDR - fault location and splice verification
- Visible Fault Locator – bend/break location and polarity verification
The NOYES M700 OTDR from AFL combines ease of use (Touch and Test™) and functionality in a field-rugged, hand-held package. With single-mode dynamic ranges up to 40 dB and multimode dynamic ranges of 26 dB, the M700 OTDR is ideal for testing and troubleshooting LAN/WAN, metro, FTTx and long haul networks. Industry leading dead zones of less than 1.0 m enhance users’ ability to locate and measure events. Testing at 1310 and 1550 nm is normally sufficient to certify point-to-point or FTTx PON fibres and allows the detection of macrobends.
The M700 supports Full Auto, Expert (manual) and Real-Time OTDR test modes, precision event analysis, multi-wavelength testing, and visual inspection per 61300-3-35 using the DFS1 Digital FibreScope allowing users the ability to view and document connector end-face images with their OTDR traces. Pass/Fail acceptance to TIA/ISO values or user-defined values can be set to alert the test operator of failing or marginal events. These capabilities simplify the user experience, reduce training time and testing errors enabling even novices to get the job done quickly and accurately.
Thousands of OTDR test results may be saved as standard .SOR files and stored internally or on the supplied USB drive. Test results are transferable via a USB cable or USB drive to a computer for viewing, printing, and analysing with the supplied Windows® compatible software, Test Results Manager (TRM™). Saved OPM loss values for a cable in one or two directions can be displayed in a table on the M700 for evaluation and comparison. Acceptance reports generated using TRM can include Loss tables, OTDR traces with summary and event information with or without pass/fail indication and Channel Maps.
With a full set of testing tools including OTDR, OPM, VFL and end-face inspection capability the M700 is a complete solution for fibre network owners and installers.
- Integrated OPM and VFL (650 nm)
- Full Auto, Expert, and Real-Time OTDR test modes
- Pass/Fail Event and Link Thresholds settings
- 6.5-inch transflective (indoor/outdoor) touch screen display
- Tool-free, switchable test port adapters
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery (>8 hours) or AC power
- USB host and function ports for data storage and transfer
- Bellcore (GR-196) .SOR file format
- Internal (1000s test results) and USB storage
- Windows® compatible software