CS260 Contractor Series Handheld Troubleshooting OTDRs
CS260 Contractor Series handheld OTDRs enable cost-effective troubleshooting of FTTx PONs and point-to-point metro/access networks. Two models are offered:
CS260-10 FTTx PON Activation and Troubleshooting OTDR: 1625 nm Live PON OTDR providing 35 dB dynamic range, best-in-class 0.8 m event and 3.5 m attenuation dead zones, integrated PON power meter and Visual Fault Locator (VFL).
CS260-20 Metro/Access Troubleshooting OTDR: 1310/1550 nm OTDR with 28 dB dynamic range, 0.8 m event and 3.5 m attenuation dead zones plus integrated Visual Fault Locator.
The CS260-10 and CS260-20 are purpose-built for optical network activation and troubleshooting tasks. With its integrated PON power meter, the CS260-10 enables verification of downstream 1490 and/or 1550 nm power levels at an FTTx PON ONU or ONT. If downstream signals are absent or power is too low, the CS260-10’s 1625 nm Live PON OTDR allows a technician to scan the network from the ONU/ONT or a network access point to locate fiber faults such as macro-bends, breaks, poor splices and dirty or damaged connectors. The live PON OTDR utilizes an out-of-band 1625 nm wavelength to prevent disrupting the 1310, 1490 and 1550 nm signals present on an in-service FTTx PON.
The CS260-20 is designed to troubleshoot point-to-point metro/access networks operating in the 1310 and/or 1550 nm wavelength regions. Its short dead zones enable precise location of fiber faults. With 28 dB dynamic range, the CS260-20 can locate faults in networks up to 60 km (40 miles) in length.
CS260s are derivatives of AFL’s popular OFL280 and FLX380 FlexTester families, offering the same ease-of-use, high-contrast indoor/outdoor display and over 12 hours of continuous battery operation. Both models also include an integrated VFL (visible red laser) designed to visually pinpoint the location of macro-bends or breaks in splice closures, access terminals and splitter cabinets.
Over 1000 OTDR test results may be saved internally in industry-standard .SOR file format. Stored OTDR results may be transferred to PC via USB port for viewing, analysis, and professional report generation using included Windows® compatible TRM® 2.0 Basic Test Results Manager software.
- CS260-10: 1625 nm, 35 dB FTTx Live PON OTDR with integrated PON Power Meter
- CS260-20: 1310/1550 nm, 28 dB Metro/Access OTDR
- 0.8 m event, 3.5 m attenuation dead zones
- Auto, Expert, Real Time and PON OTDR modes
- Integrated Visual Fault Locator (VFL)
- Rugged, lightweight, handheld design
- High-contrast display easily viewed indoors or out
- > 13 hour Telcordia battery operation
- Instant On; Ready to test in < 5 seconds
- Save & upload results in Telcordia .SOR file format
- CS260-10: Locate fiber faults in live (in-service) FTTx PON
- CS260-10: Verify downstream PON power levels at access point or ONT
- CS260-20: Locate fiber faults in point-to-point metro/access networks
- Visually locate faults in splice enclosures using integrated VFL