|The Noyes OFL280 FlexTester offers an unmatched combination of fibre optic test functions, ease-of-use, portability, and value. All OFL280 FlexTester models include an integrated single-mode 1310/1550 nm OTDR with PON-optimized and standard test modes, optical power meter, 1310/1550 nm laser source, and visual fault locator.
For many users the two-wavelength OFL280-100 will provide the best balance of functionality and value. Testing at 1310 and 1550 nm is normally sufficient to certify point-to-point or FTTx PON fibres and allows the detection of macro bends. The three-wavelength OFL280-101 and OFL280-102 models add 1625 nm or 1490 nm respectively. Testing at 1625 nm allows testing of the L band. Testing at 1490 nm is required by some network operators to certify FTTx PONs. The filtered, three-wavelength OFL280-103 can certify dark fibres at 1310/1550 nm, fault-locate live FTTx fibres at 1625 nm, and measure FTTx power levels at 1490 and 1550 nm, all from a single test port.
The OFL280 FlexTester user interface provides operating modes suitable for a wide range of users and features a top-down menu structure that is both easy to learn and a pleasure to use.
OTDR test results may be saved as industry standard SOR files, which can be transferred to a PC for viewing, printing, and analysis using supplied Windows® compatible software.
- Rugged, handheld and light weight
- Standard OTDR, PON OTDR, live fibre OTDR, and FTTx PON meter all from the same test port
- 0.8 m event dead zone, 3.5 m attenuation dead zone
- 34 dB dynamic range
- Fast Real Time OTDR mode
- Internal storage (>1000 OTDR traces in standard .SOR format)
- High-contrast display is clear and bright in any lighting condition, including direct sunlight
- Transfer test results to a PC via USB
- 10-hour operation, fast charge, Li-Ion battery
- Short power-on time (<5 sec)
- Easy to use and learn
- PON OTDR - FTTx PON construction certification
- Live Fiber OTDR - FTTx service turn-up and troubleshooting
- Full Auto OTDR - Normal (point-to point) fibre cable construction testing and fault location
- Expert OTDR - Full function OTDR for experienced users
- Real Time OTDR - Fault location, splice verification, first connector checker
- End Locator - Quickly locate breaks or measure fibre length
- Optical Power Meter - Measure optical power or fibre loss
- Laser Source - Measure end-to-end loss or trace fibres using the tone feature and a Noyes OFI
- Visual Fault Locator - Red laser for fibre bend/break location and tracing