The DFS1 Digital FiberScope supports magnified video inspection of optical fibre connector end-faces during fibre optic cable and connector installation and maintenance. The ergonomically designed hand-held unit illuminates fibre end-faces and delivers magnified images via USB port to AFL’s M-series OTDRs (M200, M700) or C-series OTDRs and Certification Testers (C840, C850, C860, C880). FiberScope software displays, labels, and stores captured images as part of connector installation and/or maintenance records.
A large adjustme
nt knob permits easy focusing using real-time view. Once focused, a conveniently located trigger button signals the attached display device to capture the image for analysis and archiving. The scope’s ergonomic shape and control locations support comfortable, single-handed operation.
- Ergonomic, hand-held design
- Single-handed operation
- 400x magnification
- Fast, easy focus and display capture
- Video output via USB port to M200, M700, C840, C850, C860, or C880
- Powered from USB; no batteries required
- Extensive assortment of interchangeable fibre connector and bulkhead adapter tips
- Adapter tips easily changed; no tools required
- Ideal for Telco, Broadband, and PNG applications
- Optical connector and bulkhead adapter inspection
- Display and analyse fibre end-face quality on M200, M700, C840, C850, C860, or C880
- Visually inspect fibre end-faces for damage or contamination impairing optical transmission
- Generate installation inspection records, associating captured digital photo with fibre ID